Ahhh... a smidgen of success at last. I started realizing that I was losing weight on the scale but then I started feeling it: when i sit in the car I'm not as squished. :) Usually I pu the jeans on and they feel good until I have to lean over and scrunch up. And usually by the end of the day with natural bloating and eating they're tighter and they're not feeling this way the last few days.
calorie update:
10/29-1332
10/30- 1321 almost seem to be down a second pound for the week
10/31- anywhere from 1800 to 2000 for halloween :( but I counted it for my "splurge"
11/1- 1335
11/2- 1292
11/3- this morning down another pound- that makes a total of 4 lbs lower than my "hang out" weight (I think that when I started sticking to the 1300 pounds about 4 weeks ago I may have been at least two pounds higher than the hang out weight- so that's acutally a total of 6 lbs dropped; this may be why I didnt think it was working at first; i was determined not to let myself think i had lost weight until i got past the hang out range and seem to have accordingly brain-washed myself; still I swear that I'm losing the weight faster now than two weeks ago and I think most extraneous factors are the same- any thoughts Josh? does my body hold out on me at first; or is it slowing down on purpose at first to counter balance the sudden lack of food and then finally has to give in because i've persisted in limiting it?
Anyway, I can't tell you how good it feels to have some success and to have the knowledge that the sacrifices I'm making count for somehting. It makes me all the more motivated to stick to theplan. Now let's see if I can make it through the holiday season! :)
Other observation: I experienced this last time I was successful at dieting. Once I'm in the swing of self-denial, I'm not as hungry all the time. My body seems to be reprogrammed to not look for food all day long. But there are still some days when I am ravenous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Success can come at any time, and most people see it in surges, although I don't know why. So good job!
When you're up to the next challenge, wash those jeans and see how you fit into the shrink. But don't do something that will discourage you too much; better to use as your next clothes-goal pants that don't change size. You're doing great.
Part of hunger is allowing yourself to feel it, right? And knowing there's no point in resisting (b/c you're not doing well on your diet) gives your mind reason to dwell on and worsen the hunger. But when you're doing well, then you know not eating makes you achieve your goal, so you don't want the food as much.
But also there's a likely physiological reason. Hunger is affected by hormones like insulin and cortisol, et al. So spiking your insulin leads to energy crashes and hunger. Eating less means fewer episodes of eating lots of carbs, which means fewer insulin spikes and withdrawal-hunger.
Eating regularly and moderately evens everything out. Eating 1300 cals. should lead to eating this way. But things to watch out for, to see if they were bringing the occasioanl ravenousness. Avoid carb spikes from anything but veggies, low-sugar fruits, and Fiber One. Eat protein at every meal, or if that's too demanding, at least at the beginning and end of the day. Eat plenty of fat throughout the day.
But when I'm on cal. restriction, I get hungry at night despite doing everything "right", so you might too. Remember that if you screw up by a little snack every day for 30 days, you'll still see progress.
Post a Comment