Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Diet- Day Eighteen

Last night I felt like giving up on the diet. I went down a pound... after going up 2 over the weekend. I know the healthy way to lose weight is to take it slow and make lifestyle changes, but it's also more discouraging. In my past experience the scale has gone up and down as I lost the weight, but I was still bummed. Hmmmm.

But today I think that I can't go back. I must hang in there because my body can't slump back to where it was 2 1/2 months ago ever again. Ever. I must never weigh as much as my husband again. :) And if I hang in there I will be able to buy those new jeans I need so badly. Here's to self-denial, feeling better and healthier and new GAP jeans!

2 comments:

Josh said...

You're right: one or two pounds can be measurement noise. But it's still hard not to listen to it. But force yourself to remember that if you're exaggerating the bad signs, you have to exaggerate the good. So make a mental note when you feel healthy, feel proud of sticking with it, look better, fit into things better, etc. That might help.

brenda said...

hi lauren your mom gave your blog site today...enjoyed the pics of the kids and all! I'd like to lose some lbs myself..it isn't easy....getting a little more exercise chasing Isaac around the house now... :) (also watching the biggest loser on tv makes me feel better :)
Brenda