Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sir John, the awesome



Today is John's birthday. He's six. Chris and I can't believe it. But we should believe it because John does some pretty amazing things for someone who's only been around six years. Such as...




... all green light days, ALL YEAR (translation for those of you unfamiliar with the stop light system- he's very well behaved in school)


... the other day without me asking and without having ever done it, he got off the bus and noticed I hadn't brought the trashcans back down our 150 ft driveway; I looked out to see that he had stuck teh recycling bin in one of the cans and was dragging all three items back to the house


... he greeted a new kid to his Sunday School class and I was told later that it really made this boy feel welcomed and comfortable


... he wants to do everything himself- and manages to do most of these things successfully


... he's going hunting with Papa for wild turkey tomorrow morning


... he sets his alarm and wakes Chris and I up in the morning for school


... he knows how to make Elizabeth laugh (even I have the hardest time)


... he's tried soccer, bowling, football and t-ball and does pretty well at all of them




Well, I could go on. But we're very proud of our biggest brother!

3 comments:

Josh said...

This is a great post. Totally have to save it to show him when he's 15 and mean teenager for a year. Although if anyone doesn't have that stage, it'd be this guy.

Love the trashbins. Did you really catch him in the act for the pic? Amazing.

Total SFJ.

Anonymous said...

You know, reading that actually made me want to have kids. COme to think of it, your kids usually make me want to have kids. They're a good bunch:)
Jean

Lauren said...

Yeah, I actually ran to get the camera when I saw him. Luckily our drive way is 200 feet long! Yup, SFJ, guilty.