Hmmm... well, this is what I've been learning about dieting (at least for me). Being "hard core" doesn't work for longer than a week. I"m just not motivated enough to give up food at a high level for long periods. I seem to be able to sustain smaller more gradual weight loss better. I get this idea that I've done so well that I should reward myself and then gain back all the weight I just lost. I think the more specific accountability of the 30 and the shorter-ness of it made it more successful. And maybe the new-ness of it too?
Well as of two days ago I was at my lowest: 17 lbs below my New Year's weight. I'm up a little which may have something to do with the cookie making for John's birthday Kindergarten snack.
And so the pendulum swings, but I'm lower than 3 months ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Some people like you use cycles.
Do something for a few days, then another thing for a fwe, then back to the first thing. Then after a month, use Cycle 2 with a new Cycle 3. Etc.
Weight loss for me happened in waves. Lose 15, gain 6; lose 20, gain 8; lose 5, gain 3. It all works.
You're familiar with the "cheat" meal? Be good for a week, then eat a huge meal, then right back on the regimen. Helps some people to know they have a large eating that they deserve, but that it's planned and they don't have to feel guilty, and it will work in the long run.
Two down sides I've found to this strategy. 1) cheat meal becomes cheat day, which removes half your progress from the week (or five days, or three days, I've tried it all). 2) You get used to pigging out, which is probably bad for you and possibly sinful.
Post a Comment