so I've had ups and downs since Christmas, but I think I"m still on the downward trend. As of today I'm 30 down from last Jan. I'm trying Josh's idea of doing weights to work on the core stuff to replace part of my running time each week. I try to run 3 times but lately I've been only managing 2 and sometimes 1.
You'd think knowing my brother is in th hospital eating only ice chips would motivate me to eat less, but on the contrary I used it as an excuse to indulge. sigh. But overall I" doing well and am back on track.
I'm trying to flip my diet. They say you're supposed to eat a big breakfast and small dinner. I've always thought I could never do it. But I have noticed that on days when I starve myself early I'm so anxious to eat that I overeat. On days where I keep up the food intake I'm not madly craving food. So now I aim for this program: 500 cal for break, 400 for lunch, 300 for dinner and 100 snack at night. Some days it's been hard but other days I found I was surprisingly unhungry.
Here's cals:
1/14- 1250, 1456, splurge, 1490, 1375, 1390, 1358? a so-so week
1/21-1285, travel day-def went over, then at my parents; I didn't keep my numbers but I know I was in close range for some of the days and not for others 3 good day and 2 bad?
1/28-1430, 1335,1790splrg, 1680!!, SuperBowl didn't count was very bad!!, more than 1360, 1315 back on the horse
2/4- 1260
Actually I can't believe I' doing so well for all the over calories I'm doing. But I guess that's because I haven't made that much progress in thelast month. Instead of dropping 3-5 pounds I've essentially maintained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to try weights. If you find yourself dreading the weights day, try doing just 5 minutes at the start of each run. Basic stuff like squat, pushup, pull. You asked for other fun exercises, so here's a list of videos:
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Exer
Good experiment flipping your diet.
You're doing great. You could prob maintain your weight eating 1800 cals, so if you pig out sometimes and eat 1500 the rest, you'd prob still maintain.
Hi Lauren!
I JUST got these total body bands to work out with...I've used them twice this week...it's only about 15-20 min. workout but I sure feel it even into the 3rd excercise...I'll be anxious to see the results in 3 weeks...I ordered them through amazon.com...I would love to lose 12-15 lbs ..I guess it doesn't help when I eat ice cream afterwards (THAT's why I rarely keep sweets in the house :))
Post a Comment