Monday, August 25, 2008

The summer is gone...




Well, in one week I will be back down to one child. It's kinda weird but I'm looking forward to it. Last year I cried when John got on the bus. We'll see if my less hormone-ridden body grieves the loss of Steven during the day. Lately they have been driving me crazy with their bickering (John pushing buttons, Steven whining or crying in response with an occasional role reversal), but chances are the house will feel very empty that first day. I may try to use the time to work a few more hours this fall. We'll see how that works out. Oh, my cute little pirates. Steven had an extra assessment this summer and the woman was extremely positive about Steven's readiness for Kindergarten. This made me feel good about sending him which was a little harder of a decision than for John. He'll have the same teacher as John who is a fellow dinosaur lover and this helps alot!




Dieting has not been going well. I'll have a couple good weeks and then some bad weeks. I've been floating aroudn teh same weight for probably 4 months now. I guess that's better than an overall gain! I'm trying to eat more calories at the beginning of the day and less at the end. This makes it much easier not to snack during the day, but it is still hard at night not to snack after dinner. I was hoping to be down to a new low for the trip to Fla but I dont' think that will happen now. I continue to run so my legs look really good! :) But the gut, not so much...




Elizabeth is tiny as ever. She still grows and the doctor doesn't seem to be worried. Wow, I just realized that she's 10 months today! In all other matters she excells. She's crawling and standing a little. She has started talking! She says Dah dee to chris and Ma ma to me and even says "ki tee" sometimes to the cat. Sometimes if prompted she'll wave and say "hi ee." This all brings a smile to chris' face and she can get a little Daddy time with this cuteness until she spits up on his phone. Could Pavlov teach Lizzie to stop spitting up on his phone? Probably, but the spitting up should be done soon when we finish with bottles anyway.
I'll try to update this a little more in the fall. I have so much to say after our trip to Colorado which was such a blast

No comments: