Sometimes a nice hot fire is great. Toast some marshmallows and the like.
Last week fire was bad. My sister's apartment went up in flames. Luckily, it was during the day and no one was hurt. Some of the building was completely gone. Her apartment had some burning and lots of water damage. If I can get the picture of her apartment to post on the blog below I will.
Anyway, I was so impressed by the local reaction which was that people kept coming by her lease office to drop off donations. Clothes, toys, and even a boom box. I'm also impressed by my sister's attitude which was to say that all the stuff was God's anway (and that was before she knew if any of it could be salvaged). She ended up being able to get a whole bunch of meaningful things like computer hard drive, files of her architect portfolio and even a slightly moist guitar. Her roommate did not quite fair so well and wasn't even allowed to get stuff from her room because it was too dangerous. But when offered a gift card from teh Red Cross for clothes, she gave it to the family from upstairs. Wow. I wish I could say I had such little attachment to my things, but I don't know. I like my things pretty well.
Love ya Bec!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment