Well, I'm actually writing this on day three, but it's about day one.
So I was dreading the first day. The first day is like when food parades around you practically jumping off the counters and shelves. It's calling me... But the first day wasn't as bad as I thought.
I tried something I remember my mom mentioning once. I expected this idea to be helpful, but was surprised how much I learned from doing it. I'll call it the Brown Bag Technique.
In the Brown Bag Technique you go throughout your day and every time you go for that snack you want to eat (in this case, I did everything that would have broken my new "diet") you place it in the bag instead of your mouth. Then you assess at the end of the day, count the calories or whatever.
I knew I was eating too much before the diet. As I filled my bag I knew the things were piling up, but I still thought it was a fairly insignificant amount of food. Then I counted the calories. 955 calories!! Oh my word! I'm not sure if this counted the second serving I would often have had at dinner time. That's a little embarrassing to put on this blog for everyone to read. But no wonder I wasn't losing weight! I thought that breastfeeding just didn't work for me to lose the pregnany weight, but I think I just haven't been giving my body a chance to tap into the reserves.
Wow, this really motivated me that I can still eat the foods I like, but in moderation and I can lose weight.
Thanks to all who are praying for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hope your month goes great.
Love the picture captions.
Good picture of you, and good for motivation.
Thanks.
make sure jean sees thepicture of cathonic. she's the reason i included it. :)
Um... aren't you breastfeeding? B/c that takes an extra 1000 calories a day just to keep making milk.
You are too hard on yourself, honey. Really.
Don't know if you were asking for suggestions, but buy yourself some special healthy (but not too healthy that they are yucky and you gag and never want to eat healthy again ever) snacks.
I remember getting up in the middle of the night with Morgan (during feeding her) and noshing on some serious cookage. Ugh.
Do those types of healthy snacks exist? (hee hee)
Post a Comment